Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Give 'til it hurts...

The Associated Press: Pacific state Palau to take Uighur detainees: Two U.S. officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the U.S. was prepared to give Palau up to $200 million in development, budget support and other assistance in return for accepting the Uighurs and as part of a mutual defense and cooperation treaty that is due to be renegotiated this year.


I have always admired the generous and hospitable people of Palau. Or would have, had I known it existed. Having been enlightened I am inspired to do my part for these unloved and unwashed Uighur people whose only crime was to move to Afghanistan for training in how to overthrow the Chinese Government. Okay, let's add stupid.

Nevertheless, at $12 million a pop, I'll take two.

No comments: