Monday, February 15, 2010

Press the Meat

(email to Carol 2/14):
I didn't know that Rachel Maddow needed to be toned down.  I watched some of the show you referred to and frankly if I were her I would need to be toned down if I had to put up with these three right wing clowns on the show.  There was some congressman (R-IL?) who just mouthed a bunch of cliches,  David Brooks who does the same but with a "concerned" and "sincere" tone (for our own good, mind you) and that idiot Ford who sez he is a Dem (and sez he lives in NY) while being a total right winger who lives in Tenn for tax purposes --and still can't win an election.  It would be nice if Mr. Gregory asked questions that did not assume there was any legitimacy to this outrage over a civilian trial for KSM in NY rather than what it is -- a successfully orchestrated attack worthy of Rove-Cheney (hey -- it probably IS Rove-Cheney).  Even Bloomberg (Sp?) was fine with it until someone got to him.  (Schumer is a whore for Israel, so I won't even go there.  Although he does have some good qualities.)*  Rachel Maddow was very calm and -- fact based.  Yikes!  What a concept. Far more interesting was C Amanpour with Jane Mayer on her (C's) CNN show this morning in which she brought up the success of this backlash thing.  Mayer** said that Obama's team didn't immediately and/or effectively counter it and that part of this was that Rahm Emmanuel was not for civilian trials, party due to a deal he cut with Lindsay Graham, some quid pro quo thing.  


Sorry.  But I LIKE getting all worked up! -- kg

*OK, I know that sounds awful.  But I really think that pretty much all politicians are whores, it is just a matter of who they are whoring for and how pretty they are...
** "The Dark Side"   This book, along with Suskind's "One % Doctrine" contained a lot of information regarding interrogation techniques and the results before the MSM found itself unable to them ignore any longer. 



I guess I just need to remind myself that it is called "Meet the Press" -- not "Meet the Experts" or "Meet People Who Have Brains."  Although Cheney made appearances with Tim Russert (Cheney wouldn't go on the other shows back then).  So maybe Tim was the Press and Cheney was meeting him.  It is all so confusing!


I did catch Cheney on This Week with some guy named Karl doing the hosting.  I never heard of this Karl guy.  Have heard of Cheney, but thought he was in prison. 

No comments: