Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday, or so they say...

So there I was – ready to fill in my absentee ballot. My first love, Kucinich, had dropped out of the race, but I always thought Richardson was pretty hot, so that wasn’t a problem. Then Richardson dropped out so he could spend more time growing a beard, and I had to settle for Edwards, which was fine; I could do this and still look at myself in the mirror in the morning. Then Edwards took a powder, leaving me to fall back on sheer principle and vote for the person I actually really agreed with on the issues. And that is how I ended up dancing with the ugly guy, Mike Gravel. But I don’t know that I want to look at him in the mirror in the morning…

Thanks to #1 Sis for suggesting Isabelle Allende’s Ines of My Soul and My Invented Country. Then I had to go back and re-read House of Spirits which lead to Daughter of Fortune. It’s a good thing the California EDD is paying me to stay home and read, which was always my major career goal.

At my age one cannot waste too much time nurturing a broken heart, so after Richardson left me I looked for and immediately found my transition crush –Javier Bardem. Ok, that sounds kind of depraved (No Country for Old Men). For a less sicko (but arguably still a trifle disturbed) character, see him in The Sea Within. However, reviews of Love in the Time of Cholera are not encouraging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gravel, really? Every online quiz I took told me I should vote for either Kucinich or Gravel, but I was set on Edwards until he dropped out. So we voted for Obama. (Don't ask how.)

The real question is, what is your election day wine selection?

I haven't read the first two Allende books you mentioned. I'll have to add them to my amazon wishlist.

MissKG said...

Obama is fine because he isn't Clinton. Clinton will do because she isn't McCain. It's ok to be a slut in the primaries, but come November we gotta get serious.
Oh -- I have a bottle of Verve Cliquot for election day. However, if the Repubs steal the election AGAIN I'll go straight to the Jack Daniels...