Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Life at the camp...

Too lazy to post, so here is my latest email to Carol:

First of all, my sincere condolences regarding the ouster of The Hammer from Dancing with the Stars. I know how much you enjoyed watching him strut his banty stuff. And that beltless bling-studded costume Jack LaLanne would have killed for...

So. Saturday Night was Open Mic Night at the Pizza House (every first Saturday of the Month -- but of course you knew that). MC'd by my Bro; Dee (who was at the Garrett Diamond D Open Mic Night) sang and played her geetar and Barry (who literally needs a hand) played what I used to call a harmonica but now is some sort of Harp or, if you aren't squeamish, a "mouth organ." A Trio came in and that was good that there were new people and the music was ok, though I couldn't understand a word the singer said (sang). One of the guitarists also needed a hand. I wonder -- is there some sort of secret repository here where teeth and hands go to their final rest? So I drank a lot of wine and ate a lot of pizza. Did I mention that the Pizza House has very good pizza?

The temperature fell and it was drizzly for a while. Got the fireplace working in the cabin and yesterday Chris lit the pilot in the heater. Now it is clear and beautiful -- coldish at night and especially in the morning but warm in the afternoon (if you are in the sun) and a warm wind reminiscent of Santa Anas (or Santanas if you wish).

Went to Oregon on Monday with the Bro on the County/Forest Service Road which closes during the snowy season (elevation up to about 4000). Even now there were icy patches and there was some snow on the tree branches and shady sides of the road. Made me look forward to Winter. Also the leaves are turning (dying actually). Casey has her Halloween decorations up. From Cave Junction we went to Grants Pass where Chris looked at a guitar and I went to a thrift store and found a warm winter jacket and a cotton hoodie, dark green, that I LOVE. It was half price day so I spend a total of $8. This makes a total of $110 I have spent on clothing this year. Do you think that's too much?

Had a late lunch at Sesame Asian Kitchen in Ashland which is opposite Lithia Park; it was warm enough to sit outside with the dogs and the food was terrific. Went shopping at Market of Choice in Ashland, where I had been before. This is a great market -- lots of bulk stuff and a good wine selection.

And this is all the excitement I can take. -- KG

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I seriously love reading your perspective on living in Happy Camp.